Recovery and Resilience
Our Recovery and Resilience team provides a range of group work programmes, including:
- Therapeutic Recovery Group – a 6-week programme for those who have experienced trauma, physical violence, and psychological abuse, that aims to improve your overall emotional, physical health and wellbeing by using positive affirmations to challenge any negative self-perceptions you may have, and move towards more positive self-care
- Life Coaching – helping you create goals, set targets and build self-esteem, confidence and coping mechanisms through a fully trained facilitator
- Coffee and Craft – where we use creative arts therapy to help reduce feelings of isolation and improve your overall wellbeing.
Our aim with this programme is to promote a culture of change to prevent and reduce repeat victimisation, to improve mental wellbeing, to increase education and employment opportunities and to ensure community integration.
Our Recovery and Resilience team adopts an evidence-based and trauma-informed approach to recovery from domestic abuse and sexual violence for all family members. The key elements to supporting successful recovery and providing practical help include:
- Attending to safety
- Early intervention and prevention
- Understanding the impact of abuse
- Recognising personal strengths
- Building up of new and personal support networks
Get in touch
Call for help now
0808 2800 999
Our helpline is open Monday - Friday, 9.30am - 4:30pm (closed for half an hour lunch at 1pm)
Your donations will enable us to help many more survivors of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Latest news, blogs and jobs
This is a new, challenging and exciting role; we are building our charity and need an experienced fundraiser to develop income streams that will bring in sustainable funds quickly. This role will work closely with the team and particularly the senior leadership team...
We are looking for a Domestic Abuse & Sexual Violence Accommodation Manager to look after all of our accommodation services. Closing date: TBC The prime objectives for this role are: To lead and support Staying Put’s Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence...
We are looking for a part-time accommodation housekeeper to look after two of our refuges. Closing date: 26th May 2021 The prime objectives for this role are: Cleaning and maintaining Staying Put’s refuge accommodation sites, making sure that they meet...